How-To video demonstrating the protocol for Lateral Augmentation with Bond Apatite® and Augma Shield™.
Applicable for: Bond Apatite®
Lateral Augmentation : Surgical Protocols
- Raise a flap
- The flap should be minimally reflected in order to expose the entire grafted site (Only one vertical cut should be performed no more than 2-3 mm into the mobile mucosa). Do not perform any horizontal periosteal dissection for release.
- Prepare the site for grafting
- Cement application
- Apply the cement and press firmly for 3 seconds to adapt to the defect using sterile dry gauze.
- If needed, apply an additional layer to obtain the desired volume (slightly overfill).
- Press firmly with the dry sterile gauze for 3 seconds after each layer.
- Press again with a periosteal elevator in order to compact and compress the cement well.
- Flap Closure
- Reposition the flap by stretching it directly above the cement for maximal closure (up to 2-3 mm of graft exposure is fine but not more than that).
- Suture first the mesial corner, then distal, in between, and lastly the vertical aspect.
- Cover the sutures with Augma Shield™ to protect and promote healing.
Explanations by: Amos Yahav, DMD